CALHOUN CITY – Henry Green West, 73, died Sunday, Jan. 27, 2013, at State Veterans Home in Oxford. He was born Nov. 19, 1939, in Calhoun County. He was a graduate of Calhoun City High School and Mississippi State University. He served as manager of the Calhoun County Co-op for 25 years and retired from Land O’Lakes after working 13 years as a district sales manager. He was faithful in his service to the Lord as song director and deacon of Spring Hill Baptist Church. He was a deacon at Bethany Baptist Church and a member of Gideons International. He was a veteran of the National Guard.
Services will be at 11:30 a.m. today at Bethany Baptist Church at Slate Springs with the Rev. Ethan Nanney and the Rev. Jimmy Vance officiating. Burial will be in Bethany Cemetery. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun City is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 47 years, Nita Hardin West of Calhoun City; one daughter, Charlotte (Ethan) Nanney of Calhoun City; one son, Clay (Tamela) West of Calhoun City; one brother, Willie Jobe (Shirley) West of Calhoun City; and five grandchildren, Lydia West, Sadie West, Harrison Nanney, Faith Nanney and Samuel Nanney.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Henry Jerome West and Wrispy Spencer West.
Pallbearers will be Scott West, Colby Parker, Ty Hardin, Tony Hardin, David Macon and Stanley Criss.
Gideons will serve as honorary pallbearers.
Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. to service time Tuesday at Bethany Baptist Church.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be made to Gideons International or Bethany Baptist Church.
Online condolences may be left at www.pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Smithville rolls over Vardaman October 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Houlka fights to end against Biggersville October 26, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago