OKOLONA – Pearl Crosby Pickens died Monday, Jan. 28, 2013, at Shearer-Richardson Nursing Home. She was born in the Hurricane community to George and Alice Crosby. She was a member of Pontocola Baptist Church for more than 50 years and was a current member of First Baptist Church of Saltillo. She enjoyed gardening, traveling and farming. She was a homemaker and an accomplished seamstress, working for Delta Trousers. She loved southern gospel music and, along with her husband, attended numerous singings and helped him write several songs. She lived life to the fullest and loved her family dearly.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Lee Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Dr. Ken Anderson officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Grove Cemetery. Lee Memorial Funeral home is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her daughter, Ruth Green of Grenada; her son, Rex L. Pickens of Mantachie; a granddaughter, Sharon Tartt (Keith) of Grenada; a great-grandson, Will Tartt of Grenada; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Erskine Pickens; three sisters and one brother.
Pallbearers will be her nephews, Donnie Pickens, Danny Pickens, Randy Pickens, Ricky Pickens and her grandsons-in-law, Keith Tartt and Brandon Fowler.
Memorials may be made to Shearer-Richardson Nursing Home.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Wednesday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago