CALHOUN CITY – Myrl Bounds Owen, 93, died Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services. She was born Nov. 2, 1919, at Charleston, to Timothy Monthree Bounds and Clara Boland Bounds. She was a retired seamstress and worked at Calhoun Garment Co. and Selective Service Secretary. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Calhoun City.
Services are at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Jimmy Vance officiating. Interment is at Calhoun City Cemetery.
She is survived by her son, Danny Lynn (Wanda) Owen of Oxford; grandson, Jason Potts; and great-grandchildren, Kaitlin, Megan and Andrew.
She was preceded in death by her husband, J.A. Owen; parents; two sisters, Armarie Galloway and Earle C. Hensley; and brother, Charles Finley Bounds.
Pallbeares are Jimmy Coker, Doug Brown, Keith Taylor, Jimmy Cole, Mike Sutton and Daniel Lee. Honorary pallbearers are Henry Lackey, Joe Goforth, Lenon White, Wayne Harmon, Rupert Lunceford and Lee Harrelson.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Coaching the game he loves March 19, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago