CALHOUN CITY – Myrl Bounds Owen, 93, died Saturday, Feb. 2, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services. She was born Nov. 2, 1919, at Charleston, to Timothy Monthree Bounds and Clara Boland Bounds. She was a retired seamstress and worked at Calhoun Garment Co. and Selective Service Secretary. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Calhoun City.
Services are at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel with the Rev. Jimmy Vance officiating. Interment is at Calhoun City Cemetery.
She is survived by her son, Danny Lynn (Wanda) Owen of Oxford; grandson, Jason Potts; and great-grandchildren, Kaitlin, Megan and Andrew.
She was preceded in death by her husband, J.A. Owen; parents; two sisters, Armarie Galloway and Earle C. Hensley; and brother, Charles Finley Bounds.
Pallbeares are Jimmy Coker, Doug Brown, Keith Taylor, Jimmy Cole, Mike Sutton and Daniel Lee. Honorary pallbearers are Henry Lackey, Joe Goforth, Lenon White, Wayne Harmon, Rupert Lunceford and Lee Harrelson.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona approves tutorial services, signs promissory note October 18, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Find a lump? Find out what it is! October 24, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago