George T. Hodge
PONTOTOC – George T. Hodge, 88, died Monday, Feb. 4, 2013, at Sunshine Rest Home. He grew up in Tippah County, moving to Pontotoc County in 1940. He was a farmer and a school bus driver, and he ran a country store at Randolph. For 20 years he was in the used car business with his son. He was a Christian man who loved to serve the Lord.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc with Bro. Gerald Finley, Bro. Wayne Cobb and Bro. Chip Johnson officiating. Burial will be in Randolph Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 70 years, Frances; daughters, Shirley (John Lee) Pickens and Patty (John) Williams; daughter-in-law, Sharon Hodge; caregiver, Clara Nix; granddaughter and caregiver, Donna Stewart; three granddaughters, Tina Clark, Amanda Berryhill and Jennifer Russell; grandsons, Mike Pickens, Bobby Pickens and Rivers Hodge; 14 great-grandchildren, five great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Cletus Hodge; and a sister, Vera McDonald.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Tom and Missouri Hodge; sons, Jerry Hodge and Jimmy Hodge; brother, Hubert Hodge; and sisters, Lorene Alexander, Tressie Gitter and Eunice Vuncannon.
Pallbearers will be grandsons, Rivers Hodge, Mike Pickens, Bobby Pickens, Rob Stewart, David Clark and Gene Gitter.
Honorary pallbearers will be Charles Cowsert, Gearld Waldrop, Grover Warren, Charles Fowler, Danny Lucius and Gene Leopard.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Wednesday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Spencer named HHS Student of Month December 7, 2016
- Bulldogs make St. Petersburg Bowl December 7, 2016
- Houston falters against Cal. City December 7, 2016
- The men in charge December 7, 2016
- Margaret Hollingsworth recipes December 10, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: What color is homelessness? December 10, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Tis the season to recycle December 9, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago