HOUSTON – Nellie Mae Streeter, 88, died Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013. She was born Jan. 22, 1925, in Fouke, Ark., to Webb McCormick and Lydia McFerrin McCormick. She was a well-known nurse and known for her fried apple pies and butter roll. She was a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church.
Services will be at noon today at Memorial Funeral Home of Houston with the Rev. Wade Mathis officiating. Burial will be at Poplar Springs Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her two daughters, Lana Pepper (Bruce) of Houston and Dianne Womack (Donnie) of Mantee; one brother, J.Z. McCormick of Tupelo; eight grandchildren, Jan Hollingsworth, Gene Kimbrough, Jason Womack, Jennifer Callahan, Lori Reifers, Craig Pepper, Mike Pepper and Rhonda Coleman; numerous great-grandchildren; special caregiver, Alice Strickland; and close friends, Penny, Ronnie, Nikki and Lizzie.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Henry Basco Streeter; and her parents, Webb and Lydia McCormick.
Pallbearers will be Gene Kimbrough, Jason Womack, Heath Hollingsworth, Matt Callahan and Gabriel Womack.
Honorary pallbearer will be Aaron Streeter Womack.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, Feb. 13, Chickasaw Journal.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at Memorial Funeral Home.
For online condolences visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Looking at the future February 23, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- MDWFP crappie regulation being enforced February 25, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Hard work, right living equals singing, dancing February 25, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago