HOUSTON – Christine White Ivy, 92, died Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013, at Shearer-Richardson Nursing Home. She was born March 9, 1920, to Tom Gregory and Bertha Knox.
She was a homemaker and factory worker, and a member of Lower Prairie Creek Church.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Lower Prairie Creek Church with the Rev. Eugene Ford officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include three daughters, Johnnie Hunter (Dempsey) of Tupelo, Gladys Marshall of Houston and Ruby Lofton of Savannah, Ga.; five sons, Charles White of St. Louis, Leon Ivy of Pheba, Jerry Ivy (Josie) of Woodland, Rev. Herbert Ivy (Josie) of Woodland and William Ivy (Jackie) of Houston; one sister, Georgia Tittle of Houlka; 72 grandchildren, 125 great-grandchildren, 22 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husbands, Udell White and Prince Lee Ivy Sr.; and three sisters, two brothers, two daughters and four sons.
Visitation was from 3 to 6 p.m. Tuesday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Man falls from Houston Airport tower January 19, 2017
- Houston considers summer street projects January 13, 2017
- Okolona man charged in Amory armed robbery January 17, 2017
- Houlka sweeps Rams to start division play January 18, 2017
- Chieftains roll Green Wave January 18, 2017
- Wilson stepping down at East Webster January 20, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Time for a change January 20, 2017
- HISD refines drug testing policy January 20, 2017
- ICC hosts Leadoff Banquet January 19, 2017
- Houlka mourns death of former mayor January 19, 2017
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago