RANDOLPH – Winston Glenn “Blue” Quarles, 84, died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Inpatient Hospice in Tupelo. He was a retired auto/tractor parts manager. He was a deacon and member of Hopewell Primitive Baptist Church, but attended Bethany Primitive Baptist Church in recent years. He was a veteran of the Korean War, serving stateside. An avid gardener, he was a loving husband, father, grandfather and friend.
Services will be at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Elder Larry Wise will officiate. Burial will follow in the Glasgow Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 57 years, Modean Steward Quarles; son, Ronald Quarles (Alecia) of Pontotoc; daughters, Cathy Quarles of Randolph, Sandra Wise (Larry) of Randolph and Debra Clayton (Lewis) of Blue Springs; grandchildren, Sgt. Jacob Quarles FOB Fenty, Afghanistan, Elizabeth Quarles, Jonathan Wise (Paige), David Wise, Joseph Wise and Allison Clayton; one great-grandchild, Connor Quarles; brothers-Gene Quarles (Nell) and L.D. Quarles (Elaine); sisters, Jewell Holley (Dean) and Dorothy Maxey.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Willie and Lillian Glen Quarles, and two brothers, Billy Wayne Quarles and J.C. Quarles.
Pallbearers will be Tim Quarles, Randy Quarles, William Holcomb, David Wise, Joseph Wise and Mark Holley.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- Truck recovered in Pontotoc March 24, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Starkville man killed in shootout after fleeing officers March 27, 2017
- Teacher of the Week March 27, 2017
- MSU Extension offers Horse Management 101 March 27, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago