RANDOLPH – Winston Glenn “Blue” Quarles, 84, died Thursday, Feb. 14, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Inpatient Hospice in Tupelo. He was a retired auto/tractor parts manager. He was a deacon and member of Hopewell Primitive Baptist Church, but attended Bethany Primitive Baptist Church in recent years. He was a veteran of the Korean War, serving stateside. An avid gardener, he was a loving husband, father, grandfather and friend.
Services will be at 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc. Elder Larry Wise will officiate. Burial will follow in the Glasgow Cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 57 years, Modean Steward Quarles; son, Ronald Quarles (Alecia) of Pontotoc; daughters, Cathy Quarles of Randolph, Sandra Wise (Larry) of Randolph and Debra Clayton (Lewis) of Blue Springs; grandchildren, Sgt. Jacob Quarles FOB Fenty, Afghanistan, Elizabeth Quarles, Jonathan Wise (Paige), David Wise, Joseph Wise and Allison Clayton; one great-grandchild, Connor Quarles; brothers-Gene Quarles (Nell) and L.D. Quarles (Elaine); sisters, Jewell Holley (Dean) and Dorothy Maxey.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Willie and Lillian Glen Quarles, and two brothers, Billy Wayne Quarles and J.C. Quarles.
Pallbearers will be Tim Quarles, Randy Quarles, William Holcomb, David Wise, Joseph Wise and Mark Holley.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best July 18, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago