PITTSBORO – Josie I. Spratlin Murphree, 93, died Sunday, Feb. 17, 2013, at Bruce Community Living Center. She was born Aug. 20, 1919, in the Lloyd community. She was a homemaker and a member of Old Town Baptist Church. She was a retired seamstress for Glenn Slacks and DSL Mfg. of Bruce.
Services will be at 2 p.m. today at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with Bro. Robert Earl Alexander officiating and Bro. Justin Gates assisting. Burial will be in Memory Memorial Garden at Bruce.
Survivors include a son, Elion R. Murphree (wife, Carolyn Spradling) of Byhalia; two daughters, Brenda West (Gene) of Slate Springs and Judy Clements Brown (Bobby G.) of Bruce; two sisters, Rena Patterson and Marine Clark, both of Pittsboro; one brother, E.J. Spratlin of Hot Springs, Ark.; six grandchildren, Connie Pounders, Elion Ray Murphree Jr., Lori Perrigin, Julie (David) Newman, Cody (Ashley) Clements and Chase (Toni) Clements; two stepgrandchildren, Christi Stacy and Aaron Brown; six great-grandchildren, Kaylee Perrigin, Ashley Perrigin, Riley Newman, Reed Newman, Chloe Clements and Benson Clements; two stepgreat-grandchildren, Janey Stacy and Jaxson Stacy.
She was preceded in death by her parents, William Joseph Spratlin and Sarah Ella Bailey Spratlin; her husband, Raymond E. Murphree; a sister, Mable Wright; and two brothers, Rex Spratlin and Elmer Spratlin.
Pallbearers will be Aaron Brown, Chase Clements, Cody Clements, Rayburn Hood, Elion Ray Murphree Jr., David Murphree, Keith Spratlin and Terry Spratlin.
Visitation will be from noon to service time Tuesday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston Students Tour ICC March 20, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- Manufacturing skills class offered March 24, 2017
- MSU Extension offers Horse Management 101 March 27, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: All politics is local March 27, 2017
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago