Rinehart is today’s Lenten Lunch speaker
Lenten Lunches are held at noon each Wednesday through Good Friday at Houston First United Methodist Church Family Life Center featuring a different guest speaker each week.
A light lunch is served at no charge, but donations are accepted for the Greater Houston Ministerial Alliance.
The public is invited to join the community services.
Local ministers slated to speak at future Lenten Lunches are:
Eric Davis, Houston First United Methodist Church
Sr. Pat Hinton, Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church
Bro. Steve Lampkin, South Charge United Methodist Churches
Bro. Don Locke, Houston Presbyterian Church
Bro. Randy Hays, Cornerstone Church
Good Friday service in the FUMC Sanctuary, Bro. Larry Patrick, lunch to follow in the Family Life Center
Lent is an observance of many Christian denominations and lasts for approximately six weeks leading up to Easter Sunday. Traditionally, Lent is a time of preparation for the believer expressed through repentance, prayer, penance self-denial and giving of alms to the less fortunate.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago