PONTOTOC – Donald Gean Clark, 64, died Saturday, Feb. 23, at his home. He was born April 21, 1948, in Chickasaw County, to Virt and Vera Bailey Clark. He graduated in 1971 for the University of Mississippi. He was a member of First United Methodist Church in Pontotoc. He retired from a career in business and industry. He was a avid Ole Miss Rebel fan and enjoyed sports, outdoors, gardening and spending time with family.He was a devoted husband, father, leader and friend to all. He was a man of conviction and principle who lived each day with a warmth that belied his toughness.
Service is at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Tutor Memorial Funeral Home in Pontotoc, with Kenneth Corley and Dr. Bryan Scarbrough officiating. Interment is at Poplar Springs in Vardaman.
He is survived by his wife of 43 years, Dr. Miriam Burt Clark of Pontotoc; sons, Don Clark Jr. of Germantown and Wes Clark of Hattiesburg; brother, James E. Clark (Glenda) of Houston; sister, Childa (Fred) Stevens of Okolona; nephews, Robert and Edward Clark, James and Michael Alexander; niece, Charlsie Burt Alexander; and special caregivers, Margaret and Brenda.
He was preceded in death by his son, John Martin Clark; and his parents.
Pallbearers are Q.T. Tuor Jr., James Ray Morrison, Robert Clark, Justin Brantley, Edward Clark and Vance Austin.
Visitation is 5 to 8 p.m. Monday and 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Armyworms spotted in local fields August 30, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago