Tidy up the Trail
Trail advocates have estimated it could see up to 100,000 users each year as word of this tourism draw spreads. That same study estimates Tanglefoot Trail could have an estimated economic impact of as much as $4.8 million for Northeast Mississippi.
Estimates are just that, but the opportunity for Houston to grow and benefit immensely from Tanglefoot Trail are very real.
The Chickasaw Journal believes taxpayers and businesses have bought into the trail and support it wholeheartedly.
It is now our wish for the commercial and industrial areas of our community to catch the same spirit.
Houston’s Aldermen have forced homeowners to clean up their property and that has benefitted us all. Now is the time for property owners along the trail to take a long hard look and tidy up.
A neater and cleaner Houston benefits us all in the form of higher property values, less crime and the pride of living in a well-kept neighborhood.
Those same returns await our commercial and industrial neighbors who “Tidy up the Trail.”
Tanglefoot Trail runs through three north Mississippi counties – Union, Pontotoc and Chickasaw. The Trail begins at Main Street in New Albany and rolls 44 miles south to end at Church Street in Houston.
We have a definite need to clean up our main entrances to the Trail. The area may seem fine and normal to those who have looked at it for years, but it leaves less than a good first impression on those driving in for the first time.
Recycling is the wave of the future and much of that junk has value, if you’ll make the effort to truck it to a recycling center. And, yes, some of it has no value and just needs to be hauled off or least moved where no one can see it.
Take a little pride in your town. The rewards will make us all smile and be proud that Tanglefoot Trail begins and ends in Houston.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago