TUPELO – Martha Jean Lucius, 74, died Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center. A native of Calhoun County, she was born Aug. 11, 1938, to the Rev. Wilson and Pansy Ramsey Long.
She was a homemaker and loved caring for children, the elderly and the sick, flowers, cooking for her family and friends, and sewing. Her greatest gift was her sweet spirit and humble disposition. She had a servant’s heart and was a faithful prayer warrior. She was a member of Emanuel Baptist Church.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Friday at The Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues with Dr. George Rogers and the Rev. Bob O’Neal officiating. Burial will be in Lee Memorial Park.
Survivors include her husband of 57 years, William F. “Snap” Lucius of Tupelo; two daughters, Angie Sheffield (Mike) of Tupelo and Amanda Sanderford (Ricky) of Mooreville; two sons, Danny Lucius (Lisa) of the Randolph and Jeff Lucius (Julia) of Mooreville; three sisters, Mary Lamkin (John) of Grenada, Lynda Shackelford of Tupelo and Virginia Langford (David) of Saltillo; three brothers, Charles Long (Cathy) of the Dorsey, Buddy Long (Joyce) of Mooreville and Tim Long (Pam) of Tupelo; nine grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Pallbearers will be her grandsons, Michael Turner, Matt Turner, Blake Sanderford, Austin Sanderford, Chris Sheffield and Jason Sheffield.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona talks fire protection March 17, 2017
- HHS Student of the Month March 20, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Houston WIN offers iPhone class March 21, 2017
- Deadline for Foundation Scholarships March 21, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago