STURGIS – Pauline Clara Mixon Drane, 90, passed away Thursday, Feb. 28, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in West Point. She was born Sept. 25, 1922, in Houston to Agnes Larkin and William Jahugh Mixon. She and her husband owned Drane Hardware in Sturgis. She was a member of First United Methodist Church, where she was active in United Methodist Women and the Wesley Wasson Sunday School Class. She was a member of the Eastern Star and on the board of Dugan’s Memorial Home. She volunteered at the Henry Clay Retirement Home, where she was a resident since 1995.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First United Methodist Church with the Rev. Jeff Shannon officiating. Burial will be in Sturgis Cemetery. Robinson Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her daughter, Mary Jo Hill of West Point; brother, Tom Mixon (Jo) of Arlington, Texas; sister, Margaret Mixon Stafford of Philadelphia, Pa.; and granddaughters, Susan Hill of Memphis and Amy Hill Dickey (Hamilton) of Atlanta, Ga.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, John James Drane; and a brother, Berti Mixon.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Saturday at the church.
Memorials may be made to Henry Clay Retirement Home, 133 Commerce St., West Point, MS 39773.
Friends may leave condolences online at robinsonfh.net.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston considers summer street projects January 13, 2017
- Houston truck driver killed in Jackson crash January 17, 2017
- Okolona man charged in Amory armed robbery January 17, 2017
- Houlka sweeps Rams to start division play January 18, 2017
- Chieftains roll Green Wave January 18, 2017
- ICC hosts Leadoff Banquet January 19, 2017
- Houlka mourns death of former mayor January 19, 2017
- Qualifying begins for city elections January 19, 2017
- Man jumps from Houston Airport tower January 19, 2017
- Body found in Chickasaw County January 19, 2017
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago