DENHAM SPRINGS, La. – Annie Wilma Wells Barton, 98, formerly of Calhoun City, died Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013, at Harvest Manor Nursing Home in Denham Springs, La. She was born June 17, 1914, in Webster County. She was a homemaker and a member of Macedonia Baptist Church.
Services will be at 1 p.m. today at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City. Bro. Bill Baker and Bro. Dwight Brown will officiate. Burial will be in Oak Springs Cemetery at Derma.
She is survived by one son, Roy Charles (Gloria) Barton of Denham Springs, La.; one sister, Margie Wells Johnson of Starkville; six grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Rufus Aubrey Barton; two sons, Jerry Barton and Bill Barton; grandson, Billy Ralph Barton Jr.; parents, Thompson Wells and Annie Belle Love Wells; four sisters, Inez Wells Lyons, Labonne Wells O’Neal, Murlee Wells Pyles and Bobbie Wells Gilder; and three brothers, J.D. Wells, Clovis Wells and Lamar Wells.
Pallbearers will be Roger Gillespie, Miles Barton, Jacob Gillespie, Alan Johnson, Marty Barton and Joe Collins. Honorary pallbearers will be John Savoy and the men of Macedonia Baptist Church.
Visitation will be from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- Supervisors pay to fix Okolona elevator March 30, 2017
- County eyes CCRCF numbers March 30, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Getting ready March 29, 2017
- Houston, Okolona host banquets March 29, 2017
- Rally! Rally! Rally! March 29, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago