VARDAMAN – Ellie Louise Hellums Head, 78, died Friday, March 1, 2013, at Calhoun Health Service Hospital in Calhoun City. She was born Nov. 15, 1934, at Springhill in Lafayette County, to John Warren Hellums and Willie Avis White Moore. She was a homemaker and retired employee of Franklin Manufacturing in Houston.
Service is at 2 p.m. today at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce, with Bro. Robert Earl Alexander officiating. Interment is at Poplar Springs Cemetery.
She is survived by her son, Randy McKiney (Shirley) of Houston; five sisters, Annice H. Jenkins of Bruce, Syville H. Wells of Horn Lake, Annie H. Parker of Pittsboro, Vannie Hellums of Wynne, Ark., and Frances H. Brown of Bruce; stepmother, Christeen Hellums of Vardaman; two brothers, David Hellums of Pearl, Henry Moore of Vardaman; five grandchildren, John, Shawn, Jason and Brad McKiney and Beverly Edge (Jimmy); six great-grandchildren, Ben, Cheyenne and Tori McKinney, Coty and Mathew Edge and Kayla Jo Hamilton; one great-great-grandson, Kyle Nichols.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband Clark Jackson Head; two sons, Willie Ray McKiney and Eddie Dean McKiney; two grandsons, Steven Dean “Stevie” McKiney and Samuel Edge; and two brothers, Johnny Moore and Joseph Coleman “Joey” Hellums.
Pallbearers are Jason Aron, John John Campbell, James K. Hardin, Dewayne Hellums, Rodney Hellums, Michael Landreth, Wesley Moore and Brad McKiney. Honorary pallbearers are Aaron Brown, Robbie Head and Billy Moore.
Visitation is noon to 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
A complete obituary will be published in the Wednesday, March 6, Chickasaw Journal.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona approves tutorial services, signs promissory note October 18, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- MSU names Summer 2016 graduates October 25, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Find a lump? Find out what it is! October 24, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago