VARDAMAN – Naomi Christeen Hellums, 91, died Tuesday, March 5, 2013, at her daughter’s home. She was born April 18, 1921, near Sledge in Quitman County.
She was a homemaker and a factory worker. She was a member of Poplar Springs Baptist Church.
Services will be at 2 p.m. today at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. Bro. Don Wilson will officiate, and Bro. Robert Earl Alexander and Bro. Benny Hill will assist. Burial will be in Poplar Springs Cemetery at Vardaman.
Survivors include five daughters, Annice Jenkins of Bruce, Syvillie Wells of Olive Branch, Vannie Hellums of Wynne, Ark., Annie (Ronald Dean) Parker of Pittsboro and Frances Brown of Bruce; one son, David (Nelda) Hellums of Pearl; three sisters, Genero “Sis” O’Neal of Horn Lake, Ruby O’Bryant of Calhoun, La.,, Shirley Carter of Horn Lake; one brother, Glen White (Peggy) of Bruce; a sister-in-law, Eva Pearl White of North Port, Ala.; 14 grandchildren, Rodney (Marie) Hellums, Jean Williams, Joyce (Don) Jerrolds, Angie Wells, James (Monica) Gregory, Julia (Jason) Aron, Carla (Bradley) McCostlin, Eric (Tiffany) Wells, Myra (Scott) Tims, Jennifer (Dean) Bennett, Christi (Larry) Stacy, Ben (Christine) Hellums, Aaron Brown, Randy (Shirley) McKiney; 32 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, James Doff White and Bertha May White; her husband, John Warren Hellums; a son, J.C. “Joey” Hellums; a stepdaughter, Louise Head; four sisters, Willie Moore, Inez Bishop, Virginia Bland and Frankie Fernandez; a brother, J.D. White; two grandchildren, Dean McKiney and Ray McKiney; one great-grandson; and one great-great -grandson.
Pallbearers will be Jason Aron, Dean Bennett, Bobby Gordon Brown, Bradley McCostlin, Larry Stacy and Scott Tims. Honorary pallbearers will be Aaron Brown, James Gregory, Ben Hellums, Rodney Hellums, Randy McKiney and Eric Wells.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. today at the funeral home. Online condolences may be made at www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago