LOCAL FOCUS: Watkins, Ward & Stafford of Houston
Locally owned businesses serving the local community
Having the resources of a large firm linked with hometown people you know and trust are what makes Watkins, Ward & Stafford of Houston successful.
Certified Public Accountants Jason D. Brooks and Romona T. Walls are Houston residents who know the needs of local businesses and individuals and have the credential and experience to provide premium accounting services and financial counseling.
Brooks earned his Bachelor of Accountancy degree from Mississippi State University in 2001 and joined Watkins, Ward & Stafford in 2002. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Jason’s practice is concentrated in individual and corporate income tax, management advisory services and audits of governmental and non-profit organizations with an emphasis on single adults. He is a member of the local MSU Alumni Association and Houston Exchange Club.
Walls earned her Bachelor of Professional Accountancy from Mississippi State in 1986 and joined Watkins, Ward & Stafford in 2012 after running her own practice for 10 years.
Romona is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Mississippi Society of Accountants, and has served on the board of the Mississippi Association of Public Accountants for the past six years.
With more than 20 years of experience, Wall’s concentration is retail stores and all aspects of the trucking industry.
“I think you can see we have the resources of a large firm and the service and relationships of a smaller office,” said Brooks. “We offer financial consulting to large and small businesses alike and bring a lot to the table. Many times a smaller business doesn’t have a CFO and they can contract with us for those services and let us meet the needs that are specific to their business or company.”
Both Brooks and Walls call Houston home and know the families and have the contacts in the local community.
The Houston office is also staffed by Kelly McManus and Katylynn Wright who assist Walls and Brooks and maintain close contact with clients throughout the year.
“Our firm is one of the leading firms in the area,” said Brooks. “By combining our expertise, experience and energy of our staff, each client receives close personal and professional attention.”
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SENIOR SEASON 2017 April 16, 2017
- Houston loses to Kosciusko April 19, 2017
- Spring is a time to grow April 20, 2017
- Houlka to open bids for new school April 20, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Three big days in Spring April 20, 2017
- WEDDING: Stone/Fisackerly April 23, 2017
- TEACHER OF THE WEEK! April 22, 2017
- GLENN MOLETTE: America and shooting back April 22, 2017
- Lifecore book drive says thank you April 21, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago