MOOREVILLE – Judy Faye Putt, 59, died suddenly on Sunday, March 10, 2013, at Methodist University Hospital in Memphis. She was born Jan. 25, 1954, in Waukegan, Ill., to William R. and Joann Lippincott Harbin. Judy graduated in 1972 from Mantachie High School, and then attended Itawamba Community College. She was a 1976 graduate of Mississippi State University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Houses. She was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and a Liberian while attending Mississippi State.
Judy worked at the Daily Journal for thirty-six and a half years as a Copy Editor/Features Designer. She loved to cook and collected many recipes from the cooking section of the Daily Journal.
Judy was a member of East Heights Baptist Church where she served as a Sunday School teacher and later served in the Children’s Ministry. She was devoted to caring for her special needs brother. She was a Christian, a devoted servant of God and enjoyed Southern gospel music.
Judy enjoyed many years of boating with family and was an avid Mooreville High School athletic fan. She was involved in many community events such as Relay for Life, Breast Cancer Awareness, Gum Tree and the Empty Bowl luncheons.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at East Heights Baptist Church of Tupelo with the Rev. Tim Brown officiating and eulogies by Lloyd Gray and the Rev. Eddie Boutwell. Burial will be in Boguefala Cemetery. W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her husband of 36 years, Jerry Putt of Mooreville; her mother, Joann Harbin of Mantachie; six siblings, Linda Farrar of Mantachie and her son, a special nephew to Judy, Chris Gann, Debra Smith of Jackson, Cindy Garner (Donnie) of Amory, Billy Harbin Jr. of Tupelo, James Harbin of Mantachie and Pam Farris of Tupelo; two sisters-in-law, Dianne Kirkman (Johnathan) of Greensboro, N.C., and Lynn Hall (Bobby) of Saltillo; her mother-in-law, Ellen Stroupe (Wayne) of Mooreville; many nieces and nephews; and her special pets, Laney and Sophie.
She was preceded in death by her father, William Rayburn Harbin Sr., and her special pet, Angel.
Honorary pallbearers will be Chris Gann, Eric Farris, Joey Hall and Bobby Hall.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA March 16, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Busy as a bee March 20, 2017
- Jobless rate up in January March 20, 2017
- Local artist on display at ICC March 20, 2017
- HHS Student of the Month March 20, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- McQuary throws in SEC tilt March 22, 2017
- Extra Innings! March 22, 2017
- Lady Rams fight for comeback win March 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago