Kelley to speak at Okolona Chamber Banquet
OKOLONA – The 79th annual Okolona Area Chamber of Commerce banquet will be held March 21 at 6:30 p.m. at the National Guard Armory and the focus this year will be on local business and industry in relation to economic growth.
Randy Kelley, Executive Director of Three Rivers Planning and Development District, will deliver the keynote address.
Three Rivers offers resources and assistance to local communities in the areas of
• Agency on Aging
• Fiscal planning
• Governmental functions
• Loans for economic development
• Medicaid waivers
• Research and development
• Solid waste fee billing
• Technical assistance
• Workforce investment
The private, non-profit agency’s core service area includes Calhoun, Chickasaw, Itawamba, Lafayette, Lee, Monroe, Pontotoc and Union counties.
Chamber of Commerce Director Perry Grubbs said the banquet will put an emphasis on business and industry.
“We will be recognizing selected businesses, primarily owner-operators, and talking about our relationship with Three Rivers related to industry,” Grubbs said.
The Chamber honors citizens each year for philanthropy and excellence in education as well as recognizing businesses for their contributions to the community and economy.
Grubbs said the nominees for awards and recognitions have been chosen and will be presented at the banquet. The banquet traditionally follows a theme, “and this year will by businesses and the leaders of those operation,” Grubbs said.
Awards to be presented are:
• Business of the Year
• Industry of the Year
• Main Street Award
• Golden Heart Award
• Philanthropist of the Year
• Educator of the Year
• Citizen of the Year
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago