HOULKA – Aubrey Wayne Moss, 76, died Monday, March 11, 2013, at his home. He was born Jan. 26, 1937, in Chickasaw County to Barney and Inez Moss.
A hard worker, he was a carpenter and owned a furniture factory in Chickasaw County. He loved music and enjoyed playing his fiddle. He also enjoyed fishing and camping.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston. Bro. Greg Moss, Bro. Scott Samuell and Bro. Jimmy Criddle will officiate. Burial is in Ellzey Cemetery in Vardaman.
He is survived by his wife of 58 years, Faye Moss; his five children, Mike and Sarah Moss, Terry and Paula Moss, Tony and Barbara Moss, Ricky and Angie Moss, and Cissy and Charles Tutor, all of Houlka; four sisters, Sue Burkeen, Alice McGehee and Shirley Shopher, all of Houston, and Brenda Payne and Joe of Pontotoc; three brothers, Paul Ray Moss of Houston, Leonard Moss and Caroline of Guys, Tenn., and Hershel Moss of Oxford; a sister-in-law, Adell Moss of Cleveland, Tenn.; a brother-in-law, Sammy Wilkerson of Houlka; 14 grandchildren, Shelley Washington, Stephanie Paul and Ryan, Lesley Moore and Brian, Casey Moss, Brandon Moss, Corey and Jill Moss, Chris Moss and Courtney, Jimmy Criddle and Debbie, Paul Criddle and the mother of his children, Tara, Tim and Mallory Moss, Meagan and Andrew Morris, Dakota and Jenna Houston, and Tiffany Tutor; and 17 great-grandchildren, Presley Washington, Emily Paul, Hailee and Avery Moore, Matt Moss, Riley Moore, Ava Moss, Brett and Jackson Moss, Joey and Georgia Moss, Ethan, Landon and Caroline Criddle, Anniston and Harper Criddle, and Weston Tutor.
He was preceded in death by his parents and grandparents; a brother, Gene Moss; and a sister, Linda Wilkerson.
Pallbearers will be Bobby Moss, Steve Hamblin, Kent Lander, Mark Samuell, Tim Moss, Bruce Burkeen and Anthony Moss. Russell McGehee will be an honorary pallbearer.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago