BRAZORIA, Texas – Alfred “Ross” Young, 79, passed away Monday, March 11, 2013, at his home. He was born June 15, 1933, in Houlka to Ross and Amy Chrestman Young.
He was a retired Teamsters driver for Chemical Leaman with 25-plus years service and an excess of 2 million safely-driven miles. He was a loving father, grandfather, great-grandfather and brother. He loved to play basketball with his kids. He enjoyed telling stories and spending quality time with his family.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Dixon Funeral Home in Brazoria, Texas. Pastor Ernie Hutchings will officiate. Burial will follow at Restwood Memorial Park in Lake Jackson, Texas.
He is survived by his children, Debbie Young and Bobbie Warneke, Denise Kemp (Billy), both of Churchill, Texas, Johnny Young (Linda) of Houston, Diane Weatherford (Denny) of Tupelo; grandchildren, Jake Young (Ginger), Jennifer Kilgore (Russell), all of Houston, Brittany Weatherford of Tupelo, Michael Alford (Kory) of Alvin, Texas; Jessica Norris (Anthony) of Angleton, Texas, Matthew Tyson (Angela) of Splendora, Texas, Dilan and Kade Tyson, and Katherine Kemp, all of Brazoria, Texas; brothers, Gary “Hubby” Young (Mary Frances) of Saltillo, Danny Young (Brenda) of Houlka; sisters, Martha Kay Cunningham (Jack) of Seminole, Fla., Kathy Austin (Bruce) of Houlka; seven great-grandchildren; a host of nieces and nephews; special lifelong friends and fellow drivers, Larry Kerley of Angleton, Texas, and James Chambers of Clute, Texas.
He was preceded in death by his wives, Joan Reeder Young and Mary Laverne Young; his parents; a son, Michael Ross Young; a daughter, Karen Young Tyson; and brothers, Ronnie Young and Hayes Young.
Pallbearers will be Michael Alford, Matthew Tyson, Denny Weatherford, Dilan Tyson, Johnny Young and Anthony Norris.
Honorary pallbearers will be Dennis and Kade Tyson.
Family will receive friends from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Online condolences may be left at www.dixonfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- AG, governor have same goal on internet sales November 29, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- DAVID HORN: We the people have voted for change December 4, 2016
- ICC Band Chickasaw December 6, 2016
- Hair- Kaylee Martin December 6, 2016
- Presents for prisoners December 6, 2016
- Rinehart enters Kappa Delta Pi December 5, 2016
- Locals named to ICC Workforce Council December 5, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago