TUPELO – Sadie Frances Wages, 86, died Thursday, March 14, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a short illness. She was born July 10, 1926, in New Albany to Prentiss and Kattie Frances Mask Baughman. She enjoyed sewing and making odd end things. She last worked for Hunter-Sadler for many years in the sample department.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at The Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues with the Rev. Scott Samuell officiating. Burial will be in the Furrs Cemetery.
Survivors include her children, Roy Wages Jr. (Amy) of Pontotoc, Dwight Wages of Chesterville, Sandra Smith of Tupelo and Teresa Lynn Wages (Larry) of Plantersville; sister, Verna Blissard of Houlka; brother, James Baughman of Chesterville; special friends, Cherry Wages, Donald Vaughn and Buddy Brazel; and several nieces, nephews, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Roy Wages Sr.; her parents, P.D. and Kattie Mask Baughman; her daughter, Sadie Lynn Wages; sisters, Mary Oveda Anderson, Lillie Mae Reeves, Lavell Bullard and Ludell Stewart; her brothers, Buddy and Elvis Baughman; and son-in-law, Gary Wayne Smith.
Pallbearers will be Dean, Jeff, Ray and Clay Wages, Stoney Smith and Shawn Stafford.
Honorary pallbearers will be Christopher and Shane Pritchard, Dustin McCraw, Ian Shane Pritchard and Brent Huguley.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago