TUPELO – Sadie Frances Wages, 86, died Thursday, March 14, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center after a short illness. She was born July 10, 1926, in New Albany to Prentiss and Kattie Frances Mask Baughman. She enjoyed sewing and making odd end things. She last worked for Hunter-Sadler for many years in the sample department.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at The Jefferson Street Chapel of W.E. Pegues with the Rev. Scott Samuell officiating. Burial will be in the Furrs Cemetery.
Survivors include her children, Roy Wages Jr. (Amy) of Pontotoc, Dwight Wages of Chesterville, Sandra Smith of Tupelo and Teresa Lynn Wages (Larry) of Plantersville; sister, Verna Blissard of Houlka; brother, James Baughman of Chesterville; special friends, Cherry Wages, Donald Vaughn and Buddy Brazel; and several nieces, nephews, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Roy Wages Sr.; her parents, P.D. and Kattie Mask Baughman; her daughter, Sadie Lynn Wages; sisters, Mary Oveda Anderson, Lillie Mae Reeves, Lavell Bullard and Ludell Stewart; her brothers, Buddy and Elvis Baughman; and son-in-law, Gary Wayne Smith.
Pallbearers will be Dean, Jeff, Ray and Clay Wages, Stoney Smith and Shawn Stafford.
Honorary pallbearers will be Christopher and Shane Pritchard, Dustin McCraw, Ian Shane Pritchard and Brent Huguley.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- 28 straight! March 1, 2017
- Lady Toppers fall to No. 2 Commodores March 1, 2017
- BANG! Houlka wins shootout March 1, 2017
- East Webster girls headed to Jackson March 1, 2017
- Lady Wildcats full of youth February 28, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago