BUCKHORN – Joe Weldon, 69, went to be home with his Lord and Savior on Sunday, March 17, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born in Calhoun County, to Estelle and Major Weldon. He married Bobbie Taylor Weldon on Dec. 20, 1964. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather and friend to all. He attended Hopewell Baptist Church. “And on the eighth day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said ‘I need a caretaker!’” One of Joe’s greatest passions was taking care of the cattle he raised. So God had truly made another farmer.
Service is at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Robbs Bethel Baptist Church with Bro. Donald Austin and Bro. Jr. Ritchie officiating. Burial is at Mize Memorial. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his spouse of 48 years, Bobbie Weldon; one daughter, Barbara Weldon of Buckhorn; one son, Jake Weldon of Buckhorn; one grandson, Jake Weldon II (Monica) of Big Creek; and one great-granddaughter, Abby James of Big Creek. His first great-grandchild is due August 2013. He is also survived by four sisters, Jeanette Goss (James), Nell Winstead, both of Greenwood, Ruth Ann Croft (Wayne) of Thaxton and Sue Aaron (J.C.) of Randolph; two brothers, Bro. Bob “Robert” Weldon Wilda) of Lawrenceburg, Tenn., and Pete Weldon (Angie) of Bruce; two sister-in-laws, Lena Dillard of Ecru and Jo Sullivan of New Albany; and several nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Estelle and Major Weldon; one niece, Debbie Aaron Goree; one nephew, Joey Slayton; one sister, Helen Brown; and two brother-in-laws, Jessie Winstead and Jimmy Dillard.
Pallbearers are Bill Aron, Greg Victoriano, Kurt Brasher, Charles Washington, Arnell Fleming and Van Belk.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago