BRUCE – Charlotte Neal Weeks, 60, died Tuesday, March 19, 2013, at her home. She was born April 4, 1952, in Bruce.
She was a graduate of Bruce High School Class of 1970. She was an active member of Bruce First United Methodist Church and a member of the Fine Arts Club of Bruce. She was a former nurse before starting a new career taking care of disabled children and adults. She graduated from Mississippi State University with a degree in special education and later earned a master’s degree. She began her career in special education at the Bruce Child Development Center for the Calhoun County School System. After several years teaching there, she worked for North Mississippi Regional Center, where she was the director of Bruce Community Homes. She retired from the regional center after years of serving the needs of those less fortunate. She was truly dedicated to those who had special needs and was a advocate for those that she served. She will be missed by all of her friends and family and especially those whom she served and dedicated her life to.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. Dr. Daniel Hathorne will officiate, and Bro. Darrell Logan will assist. Burial will be in Bruce Cemetery.
She is survived by three sons, Donnie Neal Weeks (Jennifer) of Hernando, Bubba Weeks (Amanda) of Bruce and Cody Weeks (Emily) of Bruce; her mother, Janice Hasting Neal of Bruce; a sister, Donna Foster (Jimmy) of Pearl; a brother, David Neal (Valerie) of Pearl; seven grandchildren, Gracie Weeks, Maci Weeks, Swayzee Weeks, C.J. Weeks, Carter Cash Weeks, Jacob Gregory and Kaylee Baker; and special friend, Mimi Eide of Olive Branch.
She was preceded in death by her father, Charles E. Neal.
Pallbearers will be Joel Gray, Dr. Bruce Longest, Benjy Parker, Josh Parker and Tony Ruth.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago