LOCAL FOCUS: Southern Funeral Home Chapel
Harley Langley is quick to say his job is not easy but it is immensely rewarding and helping families through some of their darkest days is the goal of Southern Funeral Home Chapel.
“I grew up in Houston and graduated from Houston High School in 1949,” said Langley. “I know most of the people around here and walking with them through the loss of a loved one is what we do.
“People who lose a loved one are grieving and aren’t thinking about planning a funeral service,” Langley added. “When we have family members come back later and thank us for what we did for them – that’s the most rewarding feeling on Earth.”
Langley and his daughter Renee Davis offer a wide variety of options and plans for families who have experienced a death. Hometown folks, Southern Funeral Home Chapel knows the culture, wishes and budget of most of their clients.
“I urge people to have burial insurance and pre-plan their funeral,” said Langley. “It is so easy to sit down with us and figure this out.”
Langley said death can come suddenly and funerals move quickly. Leaving funeral arrangement to a wife or husband or other family member to do can be hard on them.
Langley pointed out Southern Funeral Home does everything except sell flowers and burial plots.
Southern Funeral Home offers a wide variety of quality caskets that can fit any budget. They also have contacts with those businesses and individuals who provide everything from flowers and funeral plots to music and monuments.
With more than 19-years in the business Langley and Davis know the details and handle them quietly and gracefully. From thank-you cards and temporary markers to the service program and even videos, Southern Funeral Home Chapel tailors each service to the desires of the deceased or the family.
Renee Davis is one of the few licensed female embalmers in the region and graduated from East Mississippi Community College of Mortuary Science in 1997.
Both Langley and Davis also provide after-care for the families they serve.
“Getting memorials to the right place and laminating obituaries are just some of those details people rarely think about when they lose a loved one,” said Davis. “At Southern Funeral Chapel ‘Our family serving your family’ is not just a motto, it is our promise.”
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- MHSAA reclassifications announced November 28, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Locals named to ICC Workforce Council December 5, 2016
- Fuller named to 2016 NMMC All Star Team December 5, 2016
- Okolona addresses radio concerns December 5, 2016
- County discusses CCRCC contract December 5, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Are schools worth fighting for? December 4, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago