SHANNON – John Wilbert Lindsey Jr., 69, died Friday, March 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. He was born Dec. 29, 1943, to John Wilbert Lindsey and Earline Townsend. He was a member of Union Baptist Church, where he was a member of the Trustee Board and the male chorus and president of the Brotherhood. He received his education from the Shannon schools. He retired from Foamax after 35 years.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Union Baptist Church with the Rev. Curtis McKinney officiating. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife of 41 years, Mattie Buchanan Lindsey of Shannon; one daughter, Earline Carouthers of Tupelo; one stepdaughter, Gwendolyn Buchanan of Shannon; one son, Wilbert Terezz Lindsey (Jameda) of Walls; four sisters, Aglean Ford (Wardell), Eloise Rogers (John) of Okolona, Flora Gates of Dunkirk, N.Y., and Nancy Thompson (James) of Shannon; stepsisters, Erie Mae Lee of Shannon, Laura Williams of Verona, Helen McConner and Annie Williams of Grand Rapids, Mich.; a sister-in-law, Lillian Hampton; four brothers, Andrew Lindsey, Rev. Earnest Lindsey, Freddie Lindsey Williams, all of Shannon, Curtis Williams (Mary) of Dunkirk, N.Y.; two stepbrothers, Lonzo Williams of Shannon and Roger Williams of Grand Rapids, Mich.; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. and a wake from 6 to 7 p.m. Friday, both at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Woman dies in Natchez Trace accident October 26, 2016
- Friday’s playoff picture October 28, 2016
- Pink Ribbon Fall 5K winners October 28, 2016
- Chris Jones featured on billboards October 28, 2016
- Molly May offers smiles, scarves, hope October 28, 2016
- Moving day at the Museum October 28, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago