Fatal auto accident involves Pontotoc youth
Chickasaw County Coroner Andy Harmon said Tristan David Stafford was killed about 5:45 a.m. north of the Houlka intersection and just south of the Chickasaw County line.
“He was northbound on Highway 15 in a Chevrolet extended cab pickup when it left the road and rolled several times,” said Harmon. “Stafford was the lone occupant of the truck and no other vehicles were involved in the accident.”
Harmon said details of the crash are not known at this time and it is being investigated by the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
“We are not sure if he was wearing a safety belt, but he was thrown from the vehicle,” said Harmon. “We have had several accidents involving youth in this area and I want to urge them to please drive safely and use their safety belt any time they are riding in a vehicle.”
Harmon said the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department, TransCare Ambulance Service and Houlka Volunteer Fire Department responded to the accident.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- FSA offers livestock forage disaster relief October 14, 2016
- McQuary shines in Maroon and Gray scrimmage October 18, 2016
- AP PREP POLL: Houston ranked No. 2 in 4A, Pontotoc No. 3 October 18, 2016
- Former Miss. state senator Irb Benjamin pleads guilty to bribery October 18, 2016
- Okolona battles but nipped by Wolverines October 19, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago