FAYETTE, Ala. — Geneva Shackelford Funeral services for Mrs. Geneva Lucill Lucius Shackelford, age 79, of Fayette, Ala., formerly of Shannon, Miss., will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 30, 2013, at Doty Chapel Baptist Church.
Bro. John Kitchens, pastor of Covin Baptist church where Mrs. Shackelford was a devoted member, will be officiating. Burial will follow in the adjoining cemetery. The visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. prior to the service.
Mrs. Shackelford was born on Sept. 22, 1933, in Calhoun County, the daughter of the late Wesley (Pete) Lucius and Myrtie Lee Lucius. She was a loving wife, devoted mother, grandmother, and a wonderful homemaker.
She died Wednesday, March 27, 2013, at Hospice of West Alabama, surrounded by her family.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband of 19 years, Johnnie Kay Shackelford Sr., and a loving sister-in-law, Martha Lucius.
Survivors include her children, of which she considered her pride and joy, Brenda (Bobby Johnson) Shackelford of Shannon, Johnnie Kay (Donna) Shackelford Jr. of Texas City, Texas, Linda (Joey) Byars of Fayette, Ala.; three brothers and wonderful sisters-in-law, Wayne (Doris) Lucius, Wesley Frank Snap Lucius and Jim (Patricia) Lucius; nine grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces and nephews that she dearly loved.
Pallbearers will be her grandsons, Jesse Swinford, Justin Swinford, Greg Bell, Nick Kaiser, Adam Johnson and Daniel Johnson. Website guestbook available at www.norwoodchapel.net. Norwood Chapel of Fayette, Ala., is directing.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston FFA March 16, 2017
- Jobless rate up in January March 20, 2017
- Local artist on display at ICC March 20, 2017
- HHS Student of the Month March 20, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago