CALHOUN CITY – Nancy Lois Cannon Funderburg ,79, died at her home in the Pleasant Hill Community on March 28, 2013, where she had lived for more than 60 years. She was a resident of Calhoun City.
She was born on Feb. 13, 1934, in Calhoun County, the daughter of Graves Cannon and Artie Parker Cannon. She was a homemaker, a member of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church and a member of Tri Community Homemakers Club. Her life interest were not hobbies or entertainment but people. She loved working in Pam’s store, family gatherings, lunches with close friends, class reunions, club meetings, church socials, showers, gospel singings, Blast from the Past, the Bollinger Theater, anywhere she could be among people. She was not interested in just making acquaintances; her circle of friends always had room for one more.
She loved writing the news from Pleasant Hill for the Calhoun County Journal because it kept her connected to countless people, celebrating good times and sharing bad times.
She is survived by her husband, Ervin Funderburg; one daughter, Pam (Britt) Burt; one grandson, John Graves Burt, all of Calhoun City. She was preceded in death by her son, Danny Funderburg; parents, Graves Cannon and Artie Parker Cannon; and two brothers, Joe Bob Cannon and J.W. Carter.
Visitation will be Sunday, March 31, 2013, from 5 to 8 p.m. at Pryor Funeral Home in Calhoun City. Funeral service will be Monday, April 1, 2013, at 11 a.m. at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City, officiating Rev. Jimmy Vance and Rev. David Frederick. Burial will be in Pleasant Hill Cemetery in Calhoun City. Pryor Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
Pallbearers will be Michael Joe Cannon, Jeff Cannon, Sean Cannon, Andy Cannon, Brad Smith and Ronnie Patterson. Honorary pallbearers will be deacons of Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, Perry Goodson, Hugh Cannon, Billy Parker, Bobby Parker, Wayne Parker, Junior Parker, Ace Cannon, Richard Clark and her classmates.
In lieu of flowers send donations to Calhoun County Relay for Life, c/o Bethany Bryant Cooper, 276 Carroll Street, Walthall, MS 39771.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago