RANDOLPH – Herbert Elijah Holley, 84, died Friday, April 5, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He served in the U.S. Navy. He was a deacon and faithful member of County Line Baptist Church. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at County Line Baptist Church. Bro. Chip Johnson, Bro. Rocky Watts and Bro. Robert Earl Alexander will officiate. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. Tutor Memorial Funeral Home of Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include three children, Linda Long of Randolph, Mary Ann Fisher (Bob) of Bolton and Steve Holley (Brenda) of Pontotoc; six grandchildren, Hollie Kidd (Benjie), Lynn Parrish (Chad), Jacob Long (Kalie), April Ruffin (Nick), Adam Holley (Melanie) and Andrew Holley; 10 great-grandchildren, Rodney, Austin, Alisha, Alex, Elizabeth, Eli, Ainsley, Mallory, Brody and Noah; and two brothers, Dean Holley (Jewell) of Randolph and Derrell Holley (Syble) of Pontotoc.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 63 years, Hilda Holley; a son-in-law, Roger Long; his parents, Jim and Cora Holley; and numerous brothers and sisters.
Pallbearers will be the men of County Line Baptist Church.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Saturday and from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona battles but nipped by Wolverines October 19, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- Find a lump? Find out what it is! October 24, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Houlka fights to end against Biggersville October 26, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago