GRENADA – Rita Margaret Gordin Goodson, 62, died Thursday, April 4, 2013, at Grenada Lake Medical Center. She was born April 21, 1950, in Greenwood to Dennis Gordin Jr. and Ina McLemore Gordin. She was a retired registered nurse for Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis. A former resident of Derma, she was a member of Derma Baptist Church.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City. Bro. Danny Spratlin will officiate. Burial will be in New Gauley Cemetery in Calhoun City.
She is survived by two sisters, Melissa Alexander of Oxford and Sharon Harrison of Antioch, Ill.; one brother, Dennis E. Gordin III of Taylors, S.C.; a special friend, Jimmy Ross of Grenada.
She was preceded in death by her first husband, Jack Goodson; her second husband, David Goodson; a niece, Cynthia Harrison; and her parents.
Pallbearers include Marshall Alexander, William Alexander and Michael Joe Cannon.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Sunday at Pryor Funeral Home.
Online condolences can be left at pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Giving your very best July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago