Mary Jean Pounds
OKOLONA – Mary Jean Pounds died Friday, April 12, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 11, 1944, to Middie L. Pounds and Clifford Enos in Plantersville.
She graduated from Sims High School. She enjoyed reading her Bible, working in her flower garden. She loved people and never met a stranger. She was employed by Aircap Manufacturing for 20 years and later worked at Nettleton Primary School’s cafeteria for 12 years until retirement. She accepted Jesus Christ at an early age and joined Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church and later joined Springhill Missionary Baptist Church.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Springhill M.B. Church in Nettleton with Pastor Johnnie Jointer officiating. Burial will follow in Springhill Memorial Gardens in Nettleton. Fields Funeral Home of Okolona is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her daughter, Sheaneter Pounds (Frank) of Nettleton; granddaughters, Shalisa Pounds (Dejuan Lowe) and Shontel Pounds (Nathaniel Ruff), both of Nettleton; and eight great-grandchildren, Sha’Tierra Pounds, Laquitta Pounds, Andrew Pounds, Va’Shawn Pounds, Cortavian Pounds, Tytionna Penro, Christopher Pounds and Jar’Davius Pounds, all of Nettleton.
Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Friday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- County ponders TRPDD alliance February 20, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- JUANITA HORSTMAN: No peace or hope without Christ February 26, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago