TUPELO – Charles Finley Williams, 64, died Friday, April 19, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born June 5, 1948, in Calhoun City, son of Walter Finley Williams and Linda McDonald Williams.
He was a member of Tupelo Freewill Baptist Church and long time member of Life Underwriters Association. He was a graduate of Calhoun City High School, Mississippi State University and served four years at Fort Brag, N.C., in the U.S. Army. He worked 30 years in the insurance industry as an agent and broker.
He is survived by his wife, Linda Beck Williams of Tupelo; daughter, Paige Shurden of Tupelo; son, Dustin Williams of Tupelo; and one grandchild, Madison Brandon.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Services are at 1 p.m. Monday at Tupelo Freewill Baptist Church with Bro. Terry Pierce officiating. Burial is at Pittsboro Cemetery in Pittsboro. Pryor Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Pallbearers are Tommy Abbney, Ken Hollis, Stan White, Danny Riley, John Hampton and Josh Kennedy.
In Lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Disabled American Veteran.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- ICC Band Chickasaw December 6, 2016
- Spencer named HHS Student of Month December 7, 2016
- Bulldogs make St. Petersburg Bowl December 7, 2016
- Houston falters against Cal. City December 7, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Tis the season to recycle December 9, 2016
- Food For Families drop off is Friday December 8, 2016
- Chickasaw dodges storm December 8, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago