CEDAR BLUFF – Pauline “Polly” Williams, 75, passed away on Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Medical Center-GT in Columbus. She was born Aug. 21, 1937, in West Point to Sarah Elizabeth Arick and Tom Lee Williams. She had worked at Kroger as a deli manager for 11 years. She was a member of Cedar Bluff United Methodist Church.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Friday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel in West Point with Bro. Junior Davis officiating. Burial will follow in Cedar Bluff Methodist Cemetery. Calvert Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by one daughter, Amy Sue Hodnett of Pensacola, Fla.; two sons, Don Hodnett of Cedar Bluff and Mark Hodnett (Roxanna) of Santa Cruz, Bolivia; three grandchildren, Justin, Nicole and Natalie; three great-grandchildren, Georgia, Kelly and Tommy; and one brother, Neal Williams (Margie) of Cedar Bluff.
She was preceded in death by her parents and four sisters, Bessie Davis, Lou Simpson, Carolyn Jackson and Bonnie Farley.
Pallbearers will be Don Hodnett, Mark Hodnett, Justin Truex, Peyton Nash, Chuck Portera and Steve Portera. Honorary pallbearers will be Jeff Williams, Tommy Williams, Derrick Simpson, Tim Davis and Jimmy Farley.
Memorials may be made to Cedar Bluff Methodist Cemetery Care Fund, c/o Janet Watkins, 135 Mhoon Valley Road, West Point, MS 39773; or to Palmer Home for Children, P.O. Box 746, Columbus, MS 39701.
Visitation will be from 12:30 p.m. until service time Friday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago