Mowing accident sends man to Tupelo
HOUSTON – Sammy McMillen had just driven past a man mowing his yard on Madison Street in Houston Wednesday and looked in his mirror to see the mower on top of him.
“I don’t know exactly what happened but he was mowing on the hill and when I looked in the mirror he was in the street with the mower was on him,” said McMillen. “I could tell he was hurt.”
McMillen and his wife Becky turned their car around and found Ronny Bruce Keith, 55, suffering from a laceration to his left hand and a deep gash in the center of his chest.
“This lady is scrubs, I think she was a nurse, got to him before we did and was trying to stop the bleeding,” said McMillen. “We called 911.”
Keith was mowing his yard with a push-mower at about 4 p.m. The front yard at 438 Madison Street slopes down to a concrete retaining wall and Keith apparently was trying to push the mower up the hill when he slipped or stepped off the wall, fell and the mower rolled back on top of him.
The Houston Fire Department responded and immediately wrapped Keith’s hand and stabilized his breathing. Keith was placed in an ambulance and airlifted to Tupelo from the Houston Airport in stable condition.
Traffic on Madison Street was slowed for about 30 minutes until Keith could be transported from the scene.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago