CALHOUN CITY – James Andy Harrison, 69, died Monday, May 6, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home. He was born Nov. 4, 1943, in Derma to William Bryan Harrison and Mattie Gertrude Cook Harrison
He was a retired asphalt and paving foreman, and later retired from the furniture business. He was a member of Lewis Memorial Methodist Church.
He is survived by one daughter, Susan (Joe) Crisler of Ridgeland; three brothers, Bill (Polly) Harrison of Columbus, Ohio, Joe (Marlyn) Harrison of Fairfield, Ill., and Tom (Shirley) Harrison of Lafayette, La.; two sisters-in-law, Julia Harrison of Derma and Dot Langford of Tupelo; one granddaughter, Brandi Bunn; one great-grandson, Caleb Bunn; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a grandson, Mac Hester; his parents; a sister and brother-in-law, Rebecca and Howell Mitchell; brothers, Calvin Dee Harrison and Harold Grady “Tick” Harrison; a sister-in-law, Ruth Harrison; and a nephew, Adam H. “Buddy” Mitchell.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City with Bro. Jimmy Vance officiating. Burial will be in Oak Springs Cemetery at Derma.
Pallbearers will be James Harrison, Bobby Harrison, David Earl Harrison, Landreth Mitchell, David Edward Harrison, John Harrison and Dee Harrison.
Visitation will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Online Condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Chickasaw man injured in Shannon wreck February 21, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- Growing our future with AEST February 23, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago