JEAN DENDY: Thanks for the effort
by Jean Dendy
Special to the Chickasaw Journal
I would like to extend a big “thank you” to everyone who helped make this year’s Relay for Life such a great success. The committee, team captains and team members all did an exceptional job this year.
Carol Koutroulis and those who assisted her again provided a delicious meal for survivors and Linda Dendy, along with the Woodland ladies, handled the survivor’s registration.
Ladies, we appreciate all of you.
Due to weather conditions, we had to secure an inside location and were blessed to be able to use our Chickasaw County Coliseum. Our heartfelt thanks go out to Angie Abrams, Ricky Burgess, the Agri-Center committee, Chickasaw County and the City of Houston for their willingness to help us get the coliseum ready under such short notice.
Everyone involved with this year’s Relay, including our survivors and our many visitors during Friday night’s activities, appreciate all your help.
With such great participation from all our citizens, we raised around $38,500 for the American Cancer Society. This surpassed our $30,000 goal and we are grateful for each one who contributed in any way to help us the fight against cancer.
We are indeed blessed to live in a community where people are so willing to pitch in and help with the hopes of making life better for all cancer survivors and hopefully, one day, finding the cure for cancer.
Jean Dendy is 2013 Chairperson for Chickasaw County Relay for Life.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Poor graduation rates August 18, 2016
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- Sheriff seeks info in cemetery vandalism August 23, 2016
- Crime victims get $3.7 million in compensation August 23, 2016
- Okolona man in custody after high speed chase August 23, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- Pontotoc rains on Houston August 25, 2016
- MBN makes drug arrest August 25, 2016
- County fire ratings drop August 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago