Lady Rams close in playoffs
VARDAMAN – The Lady Rams battled through their season and into playoffs but came up just short of their goal of a trip to Jackson this year.
The Vardaman girls closed out their season in quarterfinals, one game away from making North Half.
The Lady Rams went three games in the play-in round, finally passing Wheeler, 7-2, 2-3, 11-1 to set up their playoff game with West Union.
Weather played a big factor in scheduling and the girls went through a rain delay and postponment before they managed to finish their series.
This series, too, went three games,but fell the wrong way for the Vardaman girls.
The Lady Urchins took a come-from behind win, 7-5, in Vardaman May 2 and the Lady Rams were postponed in heading to West Union until Saturday to try for game two.
The game was called for rain in the second inning with the Vardaman girls in the lead and couldn’t be finished until Tuesday evening. The Lady Rams took a big 14-2 win to finish the game, but couldn’t hold on for a third win, falling 2-12 to the Lady Urchins to end the season.
Despite the loss, Coach Billy Dill had positive words about the way his team held on through playoffs and persevered.
“This season was filled with ups and downs,” Dill said. “I though the team was not playing up to their potential early in the season, but they turned it on and ended on a high note. These girls played extremely hard, day in and day out, and I couldn’t ask for a better bunch.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago