AMORY – Justin Andrew Shields, 20, died Friday, May 17, 1913, in Amory. Born June 22, 1992, he was the son of Christie Roberson Shields and Columbus Woods Shields. He attended Amory schools and he was Baptist. He enjoyed reading, watching television, being outdoors, gardening and spending time with his friends and family.
A Celebration of Life Service will be at 11 a.m. today at E.E. Pickle Funeral Home Chapel in Amory, with Dr. Lloyd Sweatt and Bro. Danny Carl Burks officiating. Burial will be in the Greenbrier Cemetery.
Survivors include his mother, Christie Roberson Shields of Amory; his father, Columbus Woods Shields of Amory; brother, Jonathan Tyler Shields of Amory; sister, Kimberly Mooneyham of Endville; nephew, Eli Mooneyham; grandparents, Clyde Azlin and Peggy Azlin, both of Amory; great-grandmother, Ona Mae Azlin; uncles, Guy Shields, Larry Shields, Frank Hall and Jesse Azlin all of Amory; aunts, Erma Cockrell, Alice Markham and Laura Wallace, all of Amory; great-aunts, Sally Bedard of Union Grove, Wis., and Wanda Connely of Columbus; great-uncles, Jack Roberson (Christine) of Tuscon, Ariz., Johnny Heathcoat of Memphis, Tenn., and Jim Azlin of Okolona; special friend, Chad Seinkowski of Chicago; and a host of cousins.
He was preceded in death by his great-great-grandfather, Wesley Blane Roberson; great-grandmother, Cora Roberson; great-great-grandmother, Gurtie Matthews; great-grandmother, Lula Shields; and great-grandfather, Floyd Shields.
Pallbearers will be Cody Jordan, Bobby Donaldson, Adam Clogsdale, Johnny Reich, Donnie Butler and Dave Williams. Honorary pallbearers will be Corey Dody, Lester Freeman, and Terry Hall.
Visitation will continue until service time Monday at the funeral home.
Memories and condolences may be expressed at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Dendy’s named Man, Woman of the Year July 17, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- Tiny Houses July 16, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Houston’s Kinard honored by PTK July 21, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Hebron honors hoop champions July 22, 2016
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- LindaWando390: Valuable article , Speaking of which , if one has ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago