WATER VALLEY – Emmie Faye Howell Jenkins, 83, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at Yalobusha General Hospital in Water Valley. She was born April 13, 1930, in Calhoun County to Jesse Ellis and Ethel Shephard Howell.
She was a member of Union Grove Baptist Church in Calhoun County; a past Matron of the Eastern Star Water Valley No. 5; and a former member of the Water Valley/Oxford Shrinettes. She owned and operated Faye’s Beauty Shop in Water Valley until her retirement. She enjoyed cooking, tending her flowers, gardening and sewing. She loved being around people, always doing things to help others. She was dedicated to her family and loved spending time with her children and grandchildren.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday in Henry Chapel of Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley with Bro. Ronald “Bubba” Jenkins and Bro. Raymond Aven officiating. Burial will be in the Oak Hill Cemetery in Water Valley.
She is survived by two sons, James “Mickey” Jenkins (Linda) of Tupelo and Richard “Ricky” Jenkins (Deana) of Hernando; one sister, Alma Lovelady of Water Valley; nine grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by four sisters, Uree Adams, Ludie C. Dunn, Lennie May Dickey and Opal Howell; three brothers, James David Howell, Jesse Willie Howell and Jesse Ellis Howell Jr.
Pallbearers will be Adam Jenkins, Jason Rushing, Cameron Halbert, Randy Taylor, Cary Busby and Matt Lucas.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Deputies tase suspect in shots fired call October 15, 2016
- PREP ROUNDUP: Vardaman, Houlka, Louisville, Pontotoc October 19, 2016
- Lady Toppers take first round October 19, 2016
- Few storms, small hail expected tonight and Thursday October 19, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago