WATER VALLEY – Emmie Faye Howell Jenkins, 83, died Sunday, May 19, 2013, at Yalobusha General Hospital in Water Valley. She was born April 13, 1930, in Calhoun County to Jesse Ellis and Ethel Shephard Howell.
She was a member of Union Grove Baptist Church in Calhoun County; a past Matron of the Eastern Star Water Valley No. 5; and a former member of the Water Valley/Oxford Shrinettes. She owned and operated Faye’s Beauty Shop in Water Valley until her retirement. She enjoyed cooking, tending her flowers, gardening and sewing. She loved being around people, always doing things to help others. She was dedicated to her family and loved spending time with her children and grandchildren.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday in Henry Chapel of Seven Oaks Funeral Home in Water Valley with Bro. Ronald “Bubba” Jenkins and Bro. Raymond Aven officiating. Burial will be in the Oak Hill Cemetery in Water Valley.
She is survived by two sons, James “Mickey” Jenkins (Linda) of Tupelo and Richard “Ricky” Jenkins (Deana) of Hernando; one sister, Alma Lovelady of Water Valley; nine grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by four sisters, Uree Adams, Ludie C. Dunn, Lennie May Dickey and Opal Howell; three brothers, James David Howell, Jesse Willie Howell and Jesse Ellis Howell Jr.
Pallbearers will be Adam Jenkins, Jason Rushing, Cameron Halbert, Randy Taylor, Cary Busby and Matt Lucas.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago