MEMPHIS – Hillary A. “Bill” McQuary, 87, died Tuesday, May 21, 2013. He was born March 3, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Marion Monroe McQuary and Rosa Lee Jennings McQuary. He served in the Navy in the South Pacific during World War II. He attended Mississippi State University and retired from Kimberly Clark Corporation after 35 years of service. He loved to hunt, fish, and grow both flowers and vegetables. His favorite things in the world were kids, horses, dogs and Louis L’Amour western books.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Memorial Funeral Home in Houston. Burial will be at Pleasant Ridge Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Jacque Womack McQuary; two daughters, Linda McQuary Schmidt and Alma McQuary Spagnola (Timothy), both of Memphis; three grandchildren, Amy Burkett White (Joel), Thomas E. “Trey” Minga III and Dominic Christopher Spagnola; five great-grandchildren, Laura M. Bryant, Brandon D. White, Jennifer R. White, Clinton S. White and Hayden White; two sisters, Christine Harmon of Houston and Romalette Thatcher of Starkville; in-laws, Dan S. and Sylvia Womack of Mantee, Thomas Verell of Rockwall, Texas, and Betty Weeks; and a host of nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Marion and Rosa McQuary; one son, Michael Paul McQuary; and one grandson, Leon Daniel Schmidt.
Visitation will be from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at Memorial Funeral Home.
For online condolence visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Starkville man killed in shootout after fleeing officers March 27, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Getting ready March 29, 2017
- Houston, Okolona host banquets March 29, 2017
- Rally! Rally! Rally! March 29, 2017
- Wildcats blanked by Smithville March 29, 2017
- Next stop! Final Four in Dallas March 29, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago