MEMPHIS – Hillary A. “Bill” McQuary, 87, died Tuesday, May 21, 2013. He was born March 3, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Marion Monroe McQuary and Rosa Lee Jennings McQuary. He served in the Navy in the South Pacific during World War II. He attended Mississippi State University and retired from Kimberly Clark Corporation after 35 years of service. He loved to hunt, fish, and grow both flowers and vegetables. His favorite things in the world were kids, horses, dogs and Louis L’Amour western books.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Memorial Funeral Home in Houston. Burial will be at Pleasant Ridge Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Jacque Womack McQuary; two daughters, Linda McQuary Schmidt and Alma McQuary Spagnola (Timothy), both of Memphis; three grandchildren, Amy Burkett White (Joel), Thomas E. “Trey” Minga III and Dominic Christopher Spagnola; five great-grandchildren, Laura M. Bryant, Brandon D. White, Jennifer R. White, Clinton S. White and Hayden White; two sisters, Christine Harmon of Houston and Romalette Thatcher of Starkville; in-laws, Dan S. and Sylvia Womack of Mantee, Thomas Verell of Rockwall, Texas, and Betty Weeks; and a host of nieces and nephews.
He is preceded in death by his parents, Marion and Rosa McQuary; one son, Michael Paul McQuary; and one grandson, Leon Daniel Schmidt.
Visitation will be from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday at Memorial Funeral Home.
For online condolence visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Poor graduation rates August 18, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week August 21, 2016
- Houston hammering out employee handbook August 22, 2016
- Houlka aldermen briefed on annexation August 22, 2016
- West Nile case reported in Chickasaw County August 22, 2016
- Man arrested on drug charges August 24, 2016
- Associate Degrees awarded at ICC for Spring 2016 August 24, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers down East Webster, 2-1 August 24, 2016
- Houlka buys body cams for PD August 24, 2016
- Okolona man in custody after high speed chase August 23, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago