TUPELO – Edith Christine Stevens Clement, 88, died Monday, May 20, 2013, at The Meadows in Fulton after an extended illness. She was born in Alcorn County on April 4, 1925, to George Stevens and Earnestine Haney Stevens.
She grew up there and married the Rev. Dr. Richard Clement on Aug. 31, 1946. The made their home in the Tupelo area for more than 60 years where they pastored Baptist Churches with much of their time spent at West Jackson Street Baptist Church, where they were the original mission minister. She was employed at Blue Bell Manufacturing during her working life but her great contribution was that of a pastor’s wife and a master homemaker. She enjoyed sewing, working in flowers and reading. She was a member of the West Jackson Street Baptist Church, attending until her health failed.
A service celebrating her life will be held at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Tupelo Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors with Bro. Matt Scopel and Bro. John Mark Jarrett officiating. Private burial will follow in Lee Memorial Park. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Thursday only at the Tupelo Chapel.
Survivors include her three sons, Butch Clement (Ann) of Tupelo, David Clement (Monica) of Plant City, Fla., and Bill Clement (Renee’) of Denver, Colo.; four grandchildren, Brad Clement (Carrie) of Olive Branch, Dana Daniel (Carl) of Houlka, Sarah Beth Clement of Birmingham, Ala., and Celeste Clement Jensen (Sean) of Aravada, Colo.; great-grandchildren, Luke Clement, Carly Clement, Will Daniel, Emma Claire Daniel and Mack Daniel; a sister, Jewel Churchill of Corinth; and nieces, nephews and cousins.
Condolences may be emailed to email@example.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Holiday crisis, again? November 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Shop local December 1, 2016
- Community gives thanks December 1, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 1, 2016
- Okolona airport lands grant December 1, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- Dr. Willis named AAN Fellow December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago