NETTLETON – Earlie Leslie Terry, 74, died on Thursday, May 23, 2013, at the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. Born July 28, 1938, in Houston, he was a son of the late James Alvin and Maggie Bell Jackson Terry.
He married Patsy Cooper. Before his retirement, he was a self-employed upholsterer. A loving father and grandfather, he cherished the time spent with his family. His hobbies included fishing and watching westerns on television.
A Celebration of Life Service will be 2 p.m. today at the E.E. Pickle Funeral Home Chapel in Amory with Bro. James Terry officiating. Burial will be in the New Chapel Cemetery.
Survivors include one daughter, Cynthia Long (Andy) of Shannon; one son, Rickey Terry (Linda) of Nettleton; two brothers, Earvin Terry of Nettleton and Winford Terry (Cathy) of Aberdeen; four grandchildren, April Terry, Christopher Terry, Richard Terry and Dana Long Plunkett; four great-grandchildren, Madison Terry, Ryanna Terry, Claire Grace Terry and Gunner Plunkett; numerous nieces and nephews; and his caregivers, April Terry, Lauren Terry, and Cindy and Andy Long.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, Patsy Cooper Terry; one son, David Terry; grandson, Hayden Allen Terry; four brothers, Manuel Terry, Thomas Edward Terry, Earnest Terry and Jack Cannon; and five sisters, Christine Carroll, Leona Blansett, Ollie Ruth Blansett, Lillie Foster and Grace Terry.
Pallbearers will be Richard Terry, Christopher Terry, Darrell Barnes, Perry Mauney, Winford Terry Jr., Steven Terry and Danny Joe Terry.
Visitation will continue until service time today.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago