AMORY – John Edward Colburn, 75, died on Friday, May 24, 2013, in Okolona. Born Aug. 10, 1937, in Okolona, he was a son of John Lee and Annie Mae Whitt Colburn. Before his retirement, he was self employed and he was a Baptist.
Graveside Services will be at 4 p.m. today at Masonic Cemetery in Amory with Bro. Tommy Whaley officiating. E.E. Pickle Funeral Home of Amory is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include two daughters, Debra Coleman (Alan) of Amory and Donna Sanderson (Rick) of Amory; two sons, Steve Colburn and Curtis Colburn, both of Amory; one sister, OmaLee Colburn of Missouri; one brother, J.L. Colburn of Ellicott City, Md.; seven grandchildren, David Conwill, Emily Tubb, Joey Mills, Derik Graves, Matthew Colburn, Laura White and Bailey Colburn; nine great-grandchildren, Alex Conwill, Sarah Grace Magill, Collin Magill, Colby Mills, Chloe Mills, Kinley Graves, Tristan Gaston, Blake Colburn and Aiden Colburn; and one sister-in-law, Ann Colburn of Amory.
He was preceded in death by his parents; and a brother, Gene Colburn.
Pallbearers will be Joey Mills, Derik Graves, Jeff Colburn, Rick Sanderson, Matthew Colburn and Alan Coleman.
Visitation is 3 to 3:45 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
Memories and condolences may be expressed at eepicklefuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Doing the most for your dog February 12, 2017
- HHS and Community Choir to sing February 16, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- Semper Fidelis February 17, 2017
- BIRTH: Swayze Jo Flora February 19, 2017
- BIRTH: Easton Rhett Dendy February 19, 2017
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- Turkey harvest reporting planned for spring February 18, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Americans need help fast February 18, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago