Five arrested for strong-arm robbery
VARDAMAN – Five people have been charged following an alleged strong-armed robbery Sunday night near a downtown business.
Vardaman Police Chief Kenneth Scott said the victim was assaulted in an alleyway between the Ram Shack and Furniture Wood Inc., where he was choked and his wallet taken.
“We later went to an address at CR 437 and arrested one man, who was in possession of the victim’s ID, and recovered the money,” said Scott. “The robbery occurred about 8:30 p.m. and we made our first arrest about 9 p.m.”
Scott said a Hispanic male was lured between the buildings, assaulted and robbed. He said the victim then went to his employer, who contacted authorities.
Scott said Antonia Johnson, 21, was arrested at the CR 437 location. He said further investigation led to charges being filed on Ira Holmes, 19, Evander Holmes, 19 and a 15-year-old male juvenile and 17-year-old male juvenile in connection with the robbery on Memorial Day Monday.
The adults were charged with strong arm robbery and were placed in the Calhoun County Jail. The juveniles were released to their parents and are awaiting action by Calhoun County Juvenile Court judges.
“We don’t usually have this kind of thing happen in Vardaman and we were glad to make these arrests so quickly and get these guys off the street,” said Scottt. “I want to thank the Calhoun County Sheriff’s Department for making the initial contact that led to the first arrest.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- Calhoun County man dies after Tuesday night shooting October 19, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Scores October 22, 2016
- What color is homelessness? October 22, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago