Charles Orman Sr.
WEST POINT – Charles Manuel Orman Sr., 76, passed away on Thursday, May 30, 2013, at State Veterans Home in Kosciusko. He was born Oct. 16, 1936, in Clay County to Mabell Blake and Clarence Monroe Orman. He had worked at Babcock & Wilcox where he was a B-fitter for 36 years. He was of the Baptist faith. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving from 1953 until 1956.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with E. Scott Allen officiating. Burial will follow in Greenwood Cemetery at West Point. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include two daughters, Joy Posey (Hal) and Demetra Logan; two sons, Charles Manuel Orman Jr. and Mark Orman all of West Point; 12 grandchildren, Jake Orman, Cooper Orman, Harper Orman, Shawn White, Candice Miller, Dori White, Beth Phillips, Mindy Logan, Jessica Logan, Britney Orman, Allen Orman and Stephen Orman; six great-grandchildren, Madison Bean, Ashlynn Stafford, Raeley Kate Barkley, Hannah Miller, Madylynn Stafford and Raelynn Logan; one sister, Irene Orman Tiffin of Easley, S.C.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his son, Garland Ray Orman; four brothers, Preston Louis Orman, Curtis Orman, James Orman and Ernest Orman; and two sisters, Erleen Orman and Francis Orman.
Pallbearers will be Danny Lewis, John A. Kolb, Wayne Ray, Ronnie Tiffin, Red Rheaand David Orman. Honorary Pallbearers will be Harper Orman, Hardee’s Breakfast Club, and all his co-workers at Babcock and Wilcox Company.
Memorials may be made to Sally Kate Winters Family Services, P.O. Box 1233, West Point, MS 39773.
Visitation will be from noon until 2 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Dendy’s named Man, Woman of the Year July 17, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- Houston’s Kinard honored by PTK July 21, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Houston, Houlka, Okolona districts get “C” July 22, 2016
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- LindaWando390: Valuable article , Speaking of which , if one has ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago