Sheriff arrests four linked to Okolona burglaries
OKOLONA –The Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department has made four arrests in a series of burglaries, with divers called in to recover some of the loot.
Two homes on Forrest Street were burglarized about two weeks ago with guns, jewelry, watches and money stolen in the break-ins. It is believed that as authorities began developing suspects the guns were taken to a pond off of Highway 45 in eastern Chickasaw County and dumped.
“I want to thank the Monroe County Search and Rescue volunteers for searching about a 10-acre lake and finding what we were looking for,” said Andy Harmon, investigator with the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department. “Finding that evidence helped us make these arrests.”
Arrested in connection with the Forrest Street break-ins and their charges were:
• Billy “BJ” Bailey Jr., 20, of Okolona, three counts of breaking and entering.
• Terrell Welch, 26, of Okolona, one count of breaking and entering.
• Antwon Grady, 20, of Okolona, three counts of breaking and entering.
• Neisha Hill, 22, of Okolona, accessory after the fact.
Sheriff’s Investigator J.R. Kilgore said the break came with one of suspects tried to sell one of the guns allegedly stolen in the break-ins.
“We have recovered all the guns, the jewelry and gold coins taken in the burglary, but are still looking for the watches,” said Kilgore. “Anyone who knows anything about the watches is advised to call the Chickasaw County Sheriff’s Department or Crimestoppers.”
Kilgore estimated the value of the items stolen at more than $10,000.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Shop local December 1, 2016
- County discusses CCRCC contract December 5, 2016
- Okolona addresses radio concerns December 5, 2016
- Fuller named to 2016 NMMC All Star Team December 5, 2016
- Locals named to ICC Workforce Council December 5, 2016
- SPORTS ROUNDUP: Prescott earns NCAA honor December 7, 2016
- Fatal fire in Okolona December 7, 2016
- The men in charge December 7, 2016
- Houston falters against Cal. City December 7, 2016
- Bulldogs make St. Petersburg Bowl December 7, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago