Una Fun Fest celebrates seventh year
UNA – It was a simple idea – to renovate the old,unused baseball field in Una to be used by children, youth and community members as a fellowship area.
As good ideas go, this one has grown to include the installation of a walking track, community building and an annual festival to celebrate community spirit.
The original idea has grown over the years and now the Una Fun Fest The Una Fun Fest, now in its seventh year, will again invite in friends, neighbors, vendors, gospel music groups and visitors from all around the area to join the two-day event in the rural community east of Trebloc.
Booth spaces are available and organizers encourage arts and crafts, food, fashion and jewelry or yard sale vendors to display their wares for sale.
The festival will play host to local and area gospel groups May 31 with special guests including the Union Baptist Male Chorus, the Gospel Tones, the Clark Family and the Mighty Gospel Warriors.
On Saturday, vendors will be open and children’s games and activities will be available.
Dedication services for the completed community building will be held at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Kevin Chandler as guest speaker.
But community members are still working toward more amenities and hope to be able to include metal benches for the building and a basketball court for local youth.
The public is welcome to visit and participate.
For more information, contact Sylvester or Shirley Walker at 456-4866, Sandra Wofford at 456-4034 or Rosie Vance at 456-3216.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- One county courthouse discussed in Okolona October 17, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago