Una Fun Fest celebrates seventh year
UNA – It was a simple idea – to renovate the old,unused baseball field in Una to be used by children, youth and community members as a fellowship area.
As good ideas go, this one has grown to include the installation of a walking track, community building and an annual festival to celebrate community spirit.
The original idea has grown over the years and now the Una Fun Fest The Una Fun Fest, now in its seventh year, will again invite in friends, neighbors, vendors, gospel music groups and visitors from all around the area to join the two-day event in the rural community east of Trebloc.
Booth spaces are available and organizers encourage arts and crafts, food, fashion and jewelry or yard sale vendors to display their wares for sale.
The festival will play host to local and area gospel groups May 31 with special guests including the Union Baptist Male Chorus, the Gospel Tones, the Clark Family and the Mighty Gospel Warriors.
On Saturday, vendors will be open and children’s games and activities will be available.
Dedication services for the completed community building will be held at 11 a.m. with the Rev. Kevin Chandler as guest speaker.
But community members are still working toward more amenities and hope to be able to include metal benches for the building and a basketball court for local youth.
The public is welcome to visit and participate.
For more information, contact Sylvester or Shirley Walker at 456-4866, Sandra Wofford at 456-4034 or Rosie Vance at 456-3216.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago