BROOKHAVEN – Patricia Lynn Tillman, 58, died Saturday, June 1, 2013. She was born July 22, 1954, in West Point to Dr. Charles P. Tillman Sr. and Nettie McCarty Tillman. Devoted to her career, she was name Employee of the Year at New Haven Recovery Center twice and lacked only two classes to complete her masters degree at the age of 58. A loving mother, grandmother “Nay Nay,” daughter, sister and friend, she had a love for God and a love for her children and grandchildren, especially her grandson, Caiden Long.
A celebration of life service will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, June 5, at Songs of Praise Worship Center in Crystal Springs.
Graveside service will be 4 p.m. Thursday, June 6, at Chickasaw Memorial Gardens in Houston with Bro. Brian Tillman officiating. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her daughter, Danica Lynn (Kenny) Hyde of Terry; her son, Caleb Leath (Catherine) Tillman of Madison; her mother, Nettie McCarty Tillman of Houston; four grandchildren, Caiden Long, Mackenzie Hyde, Jennings Tillman and Semmes Tillman; three sisters, Norma (James) Neill of Keller, Texas, Nancy (Rick) Whirley of Monroe, Ga., and Beverly (Carl) Smetko of Newport Coast, Calif.; one brother, Charlie (Joetta) Tillman of Houston; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her father, Dr. Charles Tillman Sr.
Pallbearers will be Charlie Tillman, James Neill, Rick Whirley, Carl Smetko, Richard Whirley and Lloyd Faulkner.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to: Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, in memory of Patricia Tillman and in honor of Caiden Long, 407 Orchard Park, Ridgeland MS 39157.
For online condolences visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Holiday crisis, again? November 26, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Shop local December 1, 2016
- Community gives thanks December 1, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 1, 2016
- Okolona airport lands grant December 1, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- Dr. Willis named AAN Fellow December 2, 2016
- Students chosen for Who’s Who at ICC December 2, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago