LOCAL FOCUS: Dept. Store Liquidators
When big department stores overstock or don’t want to move inventory that’s when Department Store Liquidators steps in and passes the savings on to its customers.
Department Store Liquidators is new to Houston and owners and managers urge the community to come by and see what they sell and more importantly learn a little about what they offer.
“When one of your big retail stores overstocks something and just doesn’t have room on their shelves or when a store closes and the company doesn’t want to move the merchandise, that’s where we get our product,” said Eddie Moore, of Department Store Liquidators. “Almost everything in this store is brand new, still in the box or never been worn.”
Moore said Department Store Liquidators is not a consignment shop and they don’t carry flea market items. He said owner Darren Moore has a vast list of contacts and shops the internet buying items at rock-bottom prices and bringing them to Houston.
“We buy pallets of stuff and you never know exactly what you will find when your walk in the door,” said Moore. “We pride ourselves in a good selection of things for the home, office and even your yard and shop.”
Tools, small appliances, toys, paper products, patio furniture, towels, coffee pots, blenders, bedding, sheets, electric irons, televisions and radios are just a few of the items on sale. They also have racks and racks of new clothes and jewelry.
“We don’t call our items cheap, because many are brand new, name brand items that you see in the big stores every day,” said Moore. “Some of the merchandise may be a couple of years old and some of it has been returned, but we do offer a replacement guarantee on most items we sell.”
Moore said Department Store Liquidators in Houston is managed by Tanya Lee and Renee Moore.
The business works hard to make sure every item is clean and the tables and racks and neat.
“We’ve got several warehouses and we ask people to tell us what they are looking for,” said Moore. “Sometimes we have a pallet somewhere else and if we know people are looking to buy a certain item we are glad to look for it when we go surplus shopping.”
Moore said Department Store Liquidators does take checks and credit cards. He said they don’t do lay-away.
“People really don’t know what Department Store Liquidators means,” said Moore. “That’s why we ask people to come by and shop with us. We offer more than what people expect.”
Local Focus is a regular business feature of the Chickasaw Journal. Locally owned businesses wanting to be included in Local Focus should call the Chickasaw Journal at 456-3771.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Rinehart enters Kappa Delta Pi December 5, 2016
- Presents for prisoners December 6, 2016
- Hair- Kaylee Martin December 6, 2016
- ICC Band Chickasaw December 6, 2016
- Food For Families drop off is Friday December 8, 2016
- Chickasaw dodges storm December 8, 2016
- Chickasaw burn ban lifted December 8, 2016
- SPORTS ROUNDUP: Prescott earns NCAA honor December 7, 2016
- Fatal fire in Okolona December 7, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago